Law of Inheritance and Asset Succession
For Creators of Wills and Codicils
- What formal requirements govern the creation of a will or codicil?
- Is it worth registering my will at the Austrian attorney’s central register of testaments?
- Is my marriage spouse entitled to inheritance even after our separation? And what about my new partner?
For Heirs, Persons entitled to a Statutory Share and Legatees
- My marriage mate has passed away. Will I have to move out of our shared home? What happens to the entire household?
- As a successor, do I have to pay inheritance tax or accessions tax?
- What do I do if I was disregarded as an heir? Who will file a suit for the assertion of my right to inherit?
- How do I assert my claim to a statutory share? Who will represent me when I file a suit?
For Founders and Beneficiaries
- When does it pay off to set up a private trust?
- What costs are involved in the set up and continual maintenance of a private trust?
- How can I was a founder ensure the greatest possible influence on the private trust?
- How can I assert my rights as a beneficiary?
Reasons for Schmelz lawfirm
- We advise and accompany you in the planning of your estate succession and draft your last will: So that your belongings are divided fairly and unsightly inheritance disputes in the first place can not arise.
- Sometimes setting up a private foundation may prove useful. For example, when large assets are to be combined across generations. At the same time disadvantages of protracted probate procedures can be largely avoided. Let us advise you about details.
- If you have to complain about the loss of a loved one, we will assist you in the management of the estate, the distribution of your inheritance or the enforcement of your rights as a heir.
Well-founded provisions to reach the FINALPOINT.