Data Protection Law
For data controllers who process personal data
- I would like to create a customer database. What data can I record and link to each other?
- Who creates a data protection declaration for me?
- What is the added value of a data protection impact assessment?
- Do I have to appoint a data protection officer?
- What agreement do I have to conclude with a data processor?
For data subjects whose personal data are processed
- My neighbor has installed video cameras that film me. Is he allowed to do that?
- How do I make a request for information to someone responsible for data processing?
- A dissatisfied customer floods rating platforms on the Internet with untrue claims. How can I save my reputation?
- Once forget to pay an invoice - and already I am shown in databases of the creditor-protection associations (eg KSV, AKV, ÖVC) as not creditworthy. Do I have a right to correction or deletion of this registration?
- I want to pimp my new BMW with a dashcam. Is this problematic?
Reasons for Schmelz lawfirm
- Digitalization leads to an increasing networking of personaldata. Big Data, the Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence have become present. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the National Data Protection Act (DSG) must be observed. We help you to understand these extensive and complicated sets of regulations.
- We support entrepreneurs in putting their business within an adequate data protection framework and avoiding potentially life-threatening penalties.
- Conversely, we support those affected whose data is processed unlawfully. For these, we file complaints with the Data Protection Authority and enforce injunctive relief and claims for damages in court.